Homemade French Fries is an easy Potato recipe that you can make. It can be eaten with a seasoning or with a dipping sauce. You can make French fries at home for breakfast or dinner and all you need is just salt, Irish potatoes, and cooking oil. The origin of this potato recipe is controversial as to whether it was invented in France or Belgium. This fried potato recipe has been known around the world with different names; French fries are also known as potato chips, potato Fries, or hot chips. They are also called steak fries, or potato wedges – with slight alterations in the way some of them are made.
You can make french fries at home by baking, air frying or deep-frying russet potatoes in cooking oil such as Olive oil. Some people prefer baking in an oven or using an air fryer; but I am going to show you how to make this with a skillet (pan) on a stovetop. Potato chips are easy breakfast recipes that are simple to make at home with just 3 ingredients.
Are French Fries Gluten-Free?
The best gluten-free potato fries is the one made at home because you are sure it has not been contaminated; commercial potato fries might have been contaminated with gluten. This is because the same oil used for frying the french fries might have been contaminated by another fried food that might not be gluten-free but was fried before using the oil for the french fries.
Homemade French Fries - How to make French Fries at Home
- 6 Medium Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 250 ml Olive oil
- The Thinner you slice the Potatoes, the crispier and crunchier your French fries will turn out.
How to make French fries at Home (Homemade French Fries Recipe)
- Wash your potatoes with clean water. You can peel them or simply use them with the skin.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices using a french fries cutter or just a simple kitchen knife. It all depends on how fancy you want it to be. The thinner you cut the potatoes, the crispier and crunchier they turn out.
- After cutting your potatoes, add salt to taste and toast or mix in a bowl to combine.
- Place a pan with oil on heat and start frying the cut potatoes
- When they start getting brown, stir to fry evenly. Keep stirring until they are crispy and crunchy.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel or in a colander
- Add your french fries seasoning by drizzling over the steak fries and toasting them again.
You can enjoy right away or with a dipping sauce. It is a sweet breakfast recipe you would love. Kids love this also and can be a Tiffin recipe for them to take to school as their breakfast or lunch. Adding this with fried egg recipe such as scrambled egg will make a good pair for kids to enjoy. If you have excess, it can be frozen in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag and reheated anytime you want to eat again.