Chickens generally have a lot of fantastic uses all over the world, it is prepared into chicken breastsalad, chicken vegetable soup, chicken stew, chicken nugget, chicken pie, grilled chicken, breasted chicken salad, sandwich, chicken soya, chicken pepper soup, and a lot more that you can’t even imagine.
There are so many ways to prepare this high protein sauce. It is either roasted, grilled, baked, microwaved, fried, boiled, blended just to mention a few, without you getting bored of it. It is one of the most valued foods among people of all ages starting from adults to kids and has less cholesterol compared to beef, mutton,and pork.Its taste is highly irresistible and nutritious.
All parts of the chicken are edible provided it is well dressed and when marinated with healthy spices like curry and thyme powder, garlic, ginger and other chicken spices which makes it, even more, tastier and yummy.
The shredded chicken sauce is also called white sauce or chicken curry sauce. This has to be one of my favorite sauces aside tomato stew, it may seem like the normal sauce you’ve ever come across, but I bet you it isnot. The difference is that the meat is shredded and a thickener is introduced. In place of chicken, you can use beef or goat meat to prepare this gravy sauce,if you prefer a different flavour. Here is a simple fix for shredded chicken sauce.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Preparing Shredded Chicken Sauce
- 7 pieces of chicken or more
- 1 medium onion
- 3 fresh pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper (optional)
- teaspoon garlic powder(optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 medium carrots
- A hand full green beans
- cabbage (optional)
- 4 medium-size red tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup white flour (4 pieces of grated Irish potatoes, or cornstarch)
- 4 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
Just before you start:
- Scrape, wash and chop carrots, green beans, green pepper, cabbage (if you are using it), onion and de-seed tomatoes and cut into tiny pieces and keep aside.
- Sieve flour or peel potatoes, wash dice into cubes and keep aside.
procedure for cooking shredded chicken sauce
- Season chicken with some cubes, thyme, curry scotch bonnet pepper onions, and garlic, and cook your chicken untilit is well cooked.
- When the chicken is cooked, drain the liquid out of it and leave it to cool.
- Use a kitchen knife to cut the flesh into smaller pieces and keep aside.
- Chop onion, green beans carrots, and tomatoes and keep aside.
- Sieve plain flour and dissolve it with water and keep aside,
- Bring a saucepan or a pot on heat and pour about 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil to it and fry the tomatoes.You may choose to or not to fry the green bean and carrots.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot containing the fried tomatoes while on heat. you can still add a cup of water to the content and bring it to a boil.
- Add the shredded chicken and the dissolved flour and more seasonings andlet it simmer with a closed lid.
- Add green beans and carrots and let it simmer for 10 more minutes, you don’t want all the vegetables to be overcooked
- Stir the sauce properly and taste for salt and some seasonings, and adjust if need be.
- Put off the heat and serve your shredded chicken sauce over rice or pasta
Steps on how to prepare the shredded chicken sauce
- Rinse, marinate and cook your chicken properly without any sign of pink ( I used leftover chicken).
- Cool the meat, strain the meat and reserve the liquid. Remove the skin and bones and shred the meat into smaller pieces with a knife or your hands and keep aside.
3. Heat about 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a sauce pan or pot. Gently fry the chopped tomatoes and onions together with one seasoning cubes till well soften (de-seed the tomatoes before using it).
4. Add curry, meat stock to the content and add more water to it if the meat stock is not enough.
5. Add the chopped vegetables and stir well (you can as well fry the vegetables together with the tomatoes if you want) .
6. Add the chopped vegetables and stir well (you can as well fry the vegetables together with the tomatoes if you want) .
7. Bring the shredded chicken into it and add the remaining seasonings, spices and stir then leave to simmer on a medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes to enable the flavour infuse.
have you made shredded chicken sauce before or something different but with chicken? please share with us below after you’ve sign in.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.