Stir Fry Potatoes Recipe: How to Make Stir Fry Potatoes and Vegetables

Table of Contents

Photo of Stir Fry Potatoes Recipe: How to Make Stir Fry Potatoes and Vegetables

Stir Fry potatoes can be served as main meal or as a side dish, this is one of the easiest breakfast dishes you can make in your kitchen within few minutes.

Stir fry potatoes is a dish with fabulous flavor once the potatoes are properly seasoned and fried, this pan fried potatoes are simply potatoes that are nicely diced and cooked to perfection in a pan. I really love this meal to the core; it is just so simple and filling. Any kind of vegetable can be added for a better and fresh flavor. I just love the crunch that comes from the onions and both the red and green peppers and you can even add bacon or minced meat to this if that is what you love, but I just wanted to keep it very simple and that is what I got. Feel free to add other ingredients to it.

I made use of Irish potatoes because they are easy to toast around and it doesnt take much time to cook in the pan, but you can even use sweet potatoes for this as long as you are comfortable with that. I remembered I made something very similar to this a while ago and it was a bomb, you can check it out: (quick potatoes and egg for breakfast). It is ok if you add some fried beef or bacon to make this yummy potatoes stir fry, see the simple steps below. See the simple steps below

Stir fry potatoes ingredients

1. 5 Big Potatoes (Irish)
  2. 1 Red Bell Pepper
  3. 1 Green Pepper
  4. 2 Red tomato
  5. 1 Small Onion
  6. 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
  7. 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
  8. 1 Teaspoon thyme
  9. teaspoon cayenne pepper
  10. 1 stock cube
  11. Salt to taste
Ingredients for stir fry potatoes
Ingredients for stir fry potatoes

How to make stir fried potatoes

1. Peel potatoes, rinse them and cut into smaller cubes, drain out excess liquid and set aside.
  2. Set a skillet or pan on heat, add few tablespoons of cooking oil to it and add the diced potatoes it without them overlapping.
  3. Leave the potatoes to cook in the oil for 3-4 minutes until they start to get brown underneath without turning them yet.
  4. Once the potatoes starts to become soft and brown, season with 1 stock cube, garlic, pepper and thyme. Stir until this combines.
  5. Add chopped onion, garlic or ginger and stir, cook until it becomes soft, it should still be crunchy when you bite through.
  6. Add the chopped bell peppers, tomatoes and stir fry the potatoes on low heat until it cooks through. Make sure the potatoes and the veggies are properly cooked.
  7. Now your stir fry potato is ready, serve it immediately.

Steps on how to stir fried potatoes

1. Peel potatoes, rinse them and cut into smaller cubes, drain out excess liquid and set aside.

I
I’m using Irish potatoes

2. Set a skillet or pan on heat, add few tablespoons of cooking oil to it and add the diced potatoes it without them overlapping.

Make sure the oil is not too much, just enough to cook the potatoes
Make sure the oil is not too much, just enough to cook the potatoes

3. Leave the potatoes to cook in the oil for 3-4 minutes until they start to get brown underneath without turning them yet.

Fry the potatoes until they start to get brown, then flip to cook underneath
Fry the potatoes until they start to get brown, then flip to cook underneath

4. Once the potatoes starts to become soft and brown, season with 1 stock cube, garlic, pepper and thyme. Stir until this combines.

Begin to add the some spices once they are brown
Begin to add the some spices once they are brown

5. Add chopped onion, garlic or ginger and stir, cook until it becomes soft, it should still be crunchy when you bite through.

Add the bell peppers stir all to combine, these will add some crunch to the stir fry potatoes
Add the bell peppers stir all to combine, these will add some crunch to the stir fry potatoes

6. Add the chopped bell peppers, tomatoes and stir fry the potatoes on low heat until it cooks through. Make sure the potatoes and the veggies are properly cooked.

Simple stir fry potatoes for breakfast
Simple stir fry potatoes for breakfast

Now, your delicious stir fry potatoes is ready
Now, your delicious stir fry potatoes is ready

7. Now your stir fry potato is ready, serve it immediately.

Serve stir fry potatoes immediately with tea
Serve stir fry potatoes immediately with tea