Curry Chicken Sauce Recipe: How to Prepare Curry Sauce For White Rice (Chicken Sauce with Mixed Vegetables)

Photo of Curry Chicken Sauce Recipe: How to Prepare Curry Sauce For White Rice (Chicken Sauce with Mixed Vegetables)

The chicken curry sauce is best paired with white rice; it also goes well with potatoes or spaghetti. I can’t wait to share this recipe with my readers since it is one of my best chicken recipes.

The chicken curry sauceis one of those rich and delicious sauces made with chicken, curry, cornstarch,and chicken broth, it is super tasty and it goes well with anything staple. This chicken sauce is best prepared with boneless chicken; however, you can boil your whole chicken and then take out the bones if you can’t find chicken breast near you. No matter the different vegetables you add to it, you won’t get it wrong, I intentionally added mixed vegetables to the chicken sauce just to give it another look and taste and I really like the fact that the corn powder gave it that rich creamy texture, not too thick, just best consistency to serve over boiled rice.See here how to make the shredded chicken sauce.

Curry powder is a very common spice, it has a lot uses apart from the nice taste it adds to this chicken sauce, it also gave the sauce a slightly yellow look, however, you can use turmeric powder in its place and maybe a little bit of paprika powderfor a smoky taste. You know I love vegetables so much in my food, especially when they are really crunchy; that is why I used many of them in this chicken sauce. Feel free to take out some if you are not comfortable using much.

Chicken curry sauce will never disappoint you no matter how you prepare it; it requires a minimal cooking effort and it is worth trying out for the weekend. Substitute your regular red tomato stew with this easy delicious chicken curry sauce and enjoy something new and different today. Another important thing to note is that you can use goat meat or beef for this recipe instead of chicken.

The video above gives you the simplest steps on how to prepare chicken curry sauce with mixed vegetables, watch the video and also SUBSCRIBE.

Table of Contents

Ingredients for chicken curry sauce

• 1 kg chicken breasts,see how to season and boil chicken
  • 2 pieces of carrots, chopped
  • cup peas
  • cup green beans, chopped
  • 2 medium onions
  • 2 medium tomatoes, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon thyme
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 3 scotch bonnets peppers, crushed
  • 3 stock chicken stock cubes
  • 2 tablespoons corn starch, dissolved
  • 2 green bell peppers, cut into thin stripes
  • 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin stripes
  • Salt to taste
Curry sauce ingredients
Curry sauce ingredients

Steps on how to prepare curry chicken sauce for rice

1. Rinse carrots, green beans, bell peppers and onions, slice/chop them into nice shapes and set aside.
  2. Rinse chicken into a wide pot, season it with curry, thyme, parts of onion, pepper, garlic, and salt.
  3. Add water to slightly cover the chicken and place on high heat to cook until tender
  4. While the chicken is cooking, dissolve the cornflour with a little water (you want it runny like custard) and set aside.
  5. Once the chicken is cooked, separate it from the broth and cut into smaller pieces, (you can try pulling the flesh from the bones if you don’tlike it with bones).
  6. Place a pan on the heat, add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil to it and add onions, garlic, and saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
  7. Add the chopped tomatoes and stir-fry for 2minutes until soft, add the chopped carrots, green beans and cook for 2 minutes.
  8. Add the bell peppers, green peas, and stir-fry until the vegetables are all soft. Season the veggies with 1 stock cube, salt, thyme and 1 teaspoon of curry powder and stir the content properly to combine.
  9. Leave the content to cook for few minutes on medium heat, bring the chicken stock into it, you can increase it with water if your stock is small and bring to a boil.
  10. Return the cooked chicken to the sauce and add the dissolved corn flour to the content and stir well, the sauce will begin to thicken as it boils. Lower the heat and leave it to simmer slowly while you serve.
  11. Chicken curry sauce goes well with white rice you can serve it as you like. Bon Appetite.

Steps on how to prepare curry chicken sauce for rice with pictures

1. Rinse carrots, green beans, bell peppers and onions, slice/chop them into nice shapes and set aside.

2. Rinse chicken into a wide pot, season it with curry, thyme, parts of onion, pepper, garlic, and salt.

3. Add water to slightly cover the chicken and place on high heat to cook until tender

Boiling of bone in chicken for curry sauce
Boiling of bone in chicken for curry sauce

4. While the chicken is cooking, dissolve the corn flour with a little water (you want it runny like custard) and set aside.

5. Once the chicken is cooked, separate it from the broth and cut into smaller pieces, (you can try pulling the flesh from the bones if you dont like it with bones).

Cut chicken into smaller chunks so that you will have them many in the sauce
Cut chicken into smaller chunks so that you will have them many in the sauce

6. Place a pan on heat, add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil to it and add onions, garlic and saut for 30 seconds or until fragrant.

Once the onion and garlic are fragrant, add carrots and green beans and stir fry for 2 minutes since they are tougher than other vegetables
Once the onion and garlic are fragrant, add carrots and green beans and stir fry for 2 minutes since they are tougher than other vegetables

7. Add the chopped tomatoes and sir-fry for 2minutes until soft, add the chopped carrots, green beans and cook for 2 minutes.

Add the bell peppers and the remaining vegetables and stir fry until they turn out soft, then season with the mentioned spices
Add the bell peppers and the remaining vegetables and stir fry until they turn out soft, then season with the mentioned spices

8. Add the bell peppers, green peas and stir-fry until the vegetables are all soft. Season the veggies with 1 stock cube, salt, thyme and 1 teaspoon of curry powder and stir the content properly to combine.

Add in the chicken stock to the level you want, you can add more water to increase the quantity
Add in the chicken stock to the level you want, you can add more water to increase the quantity

9. Leave the content to cook for few minutes on medium heat, bring the chicken stock into it, you can increase it with water if your stock is small and bring to a boil.

10. Return the cooked chicken to the sauce and add the dissolved corn flour to the content and stir well, the sauce will begin to thicken as it boils. Lower the heat and leave it to simmer slowly while you serve.

Return the boiled chicken and add in the dissolved starch and stir well to incorporate
Return the boiled chicken and add in the dissolved starch and stir well to incorporate

Leave the sauce to simmer on low heat and your curry sauce is ready
Leave the sauce to simmer on low heat and your curry sauce is ready

11. Chicken curry sauce goes well with white rice you can serve it as you like. Bon Apptit

Chicken curry sauce recipe
Chicken curry sauce recipe

Chicken sauce is best served with white rice
Chicken sauce is best served with white rice

Delicious chicken sauce for rice
Delicious chicken sauce for rice

I love to serve my chicken sauce over boiled rice, enjoy it as you want
I love to serve my chicken sauce over boiled rice, enjoy it as you want